Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cabover Camper Project...

My Hubby and I are preparing to go camping in Febuary down in Southern California to Johnson Valley. There is an annual event called King of the Hammers that we have made it to 2 out of the last 3 years. (I posted about our last trip in 2011 Here)
 
 
Here we are enjoying the Race.

 
Here is Chocolate Thunder during Race day.
 
I'm SUPER excited to go this year. We have less than 40 days left before the week long event starts.
 
I guess I should get back to the reason why I'm posting this...We bought a Cabover Camper kinda like this one...
 
 
We have an F350, she is named JLo for obvious reasons...She's wide in the hips. Meaning she is a dually.
 
The only problem with our Cabover Camper (we need to come up with a name for it....CASPER. You know after JLo's current boy toy because he's piggy backing on her fame and fourtune...HAHA!) Well anyways he needs a little TLC. The interior needs to be painted, a new mattress, re-do the shades, fix the water heater and frig. To name a few. We may not get to it all before we leave.
 
I figured like with the house inprovements (which I need to update, Sorry) I'd post about it.
 
So I'm going to start out posting about Casper updates with a sewing project. I recently bought material to make a quilt. I'm actually really excited about this quilt. Here are the fabrics I'm going to be using...
 

 
I'm trying to decide between 2 quilt patterns right now...
 
 
or
 
 
Which one do you like?
 
I haven't recieved my fabric yet but can not wait to get this started!!
 
I will post pics of Casper as we improve him and update my progress on the Camper Quilt.
 
Until then...

0 comments:

Post a Comment