Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The House Update #4...

We have been pretty busy working away at The House since the last time I posted. Once the texturizing was done it was on! We were on a mission this weekend to get the painting done no matter what! And we DID!! I'm happy to say that ALL the painting is done in the house, with the exception of the bathrooms (that's another story I'll get to later).

Dustin and I had not been agreeing on what to do with the living room ceiling. Remember it looked like this...


I wanted to leave it the way it was because I knew it was going to be hard to paint and I didn't want to be the one painting it. Dustin wanted to paint it, he wanted the ceiling a flat color and the beams a semi-gloss color. I agreed to finally help paint only if we did the WHOLE ceiling in the semi-gloss AND use a paint sprayer. Well Dustin did it all with me supervising. And now it looks like this...


Next we are onto finish up putting down the flooring. The Dining Room, Living Room, Hallway and Craft Room are all that's left to lay down. Once the floor is down we can FINALLY move in. While we are moved in we will work on getting the bathrooms done.

Which leads me to tell you a little story about the bathrooms...The weekend Dustin, his Uncle Lloyd and Cousin Gavin where trying to figure out why the attic fan was not working. So Dustin and Lloyd where up in the attic investigating. The attic fan is located in the front of the house right above the Master Bathroom. As Dustin and Lloyd where making their way across the beams, being careful to where they were stepping, Lloyd stepped on a beam thinking that it was secure. Well it wasn't, and his foot went through the roof of the Master Bathroom. Can you believe that! So now we really have to do some remodeling to the bathrooms...haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment